March 28, 2011

In the Studio [fabric printing]

Photobucket

This weekend was pretty uneventful. The majority of my time was spent sewing and printing star pouches.

When I started making star pouches I hand cut each star out of freezer paper, ironed on to fabric, and used as a stencil. This took forever and would not always yield the best results.

After a few had sold, I had a custom stamp made [I had difficulty hand carving the tiny design into the lino block] and use block printing ink applied by a foam brush. This is a lot easier and there is a huge time difference.

Photobucket
Prepping


Photobucket
Printing

The book Printing by Hand by Lena Corwin, inspired me to try stamping and create my own linocuts . It has taken a little while for me to get the hang of carving. Right now I am working on some prints for spring and summer :)

I love fabric stamping. Every print is slightly unique and if I apply just a soft pressure, the stamp is slightly faded, like a worn vintage tee.

3 comments:

  1. ahhh I love it, and in fact I love everything with stars XD XD You make me want to try some handcrafts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lovely star pouch! No wonder you have sold several :)

    ReplyDelete