July 26, 2010

Heat Wave

This weekend was H-O-T!
The temperatures here in Maryland hit over 100 degrees.
I spent the weekend inside, staying cool in the air conditioning and sewing a couple of hobos [although it still gets really hot with the iron on all day].

[credit]

Today I start my exercise plan.
My goal is to work out 30 min a day/ 5 days a week. Then increase the time after a month. I plan to do a mix of cardio, yoga, and strength training.
I figure there is no better time than now to make good habits. I find it very difficult to keep to a workout routine but I feel like exercise is really important to your overall health [even though I hate it :P]. I am really determined to stick to it [this time]. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. I know I shouldn't wish for this kind of heat, but San Diego is having the coolest summer in about 100 years! I am longing for a few weeks of sticky, hot, mid-western summer weather. :)

    Good luck with the workout plan. I get on a kick for a few weeks, then get busy with something else, and so on. It's hard to stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good luck! I know how difficult it can be to be disaplined and stick to it -- You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! i used to be really great at keeping a workout regime. but then, life...
    all i can say is, stay positive! you can do eeeet! :D

    ps - it's actually "too" hot here, too. i swear i'm turning into one of these PNWers, who can't stand it unless it's perfectly moderate outside. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and best of luck! I have had that on my goal list for a very long time with no success. Keep us posted on how you do - maybe it will motivate me a bit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture! Saw you in the etsy forums. Good luck working out!

    ReplyDelete