September 8, 2010

Renaissance Festival

This past weekend I went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival.


Ren Fest

It was my first time and I was definitely in for a treat. The castles and little shops all decorated with brightly colored flags and signs in Elizabethan language. The village was so charming!

Ren Fest

People were in costume everywhere. It was ridiculous and so much fun! Traditional renaissance costumes were the most popular, but it really seems that anything goes. I felt like I was celebrating Halloween a little bit early this year. It was great.

Ren Fest

The food was amazing; beer, turkey legs, and apple dumplings. Funnel cake fries, cheesecake on a stick, and deep fried oreos. Yum!

Ren Fest

It was an amazing time!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway! It ends tomorrow night!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Ohh fun! I love Renaissance faires! Looks like you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember going as a young teen. It is a amazing Ren Fair and became a tradition.
    Looks like it wil be for you too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to one, it sounds and looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh that looks like a nice one! my hubbers used to work at the michigan one (which is huge-bungous). we went to the wa state one, which was pretty small. still, a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete